Monday, January 21, 2013

Scottsdale, Arizona!!

You know when you're on a ride that keeps spinning and you know it's supposed to be exciting but it's spinning so fast you can't see or think and you can't decide if you're scared, excited, or you just want to jump off. Well that's how I've felt the last 4 weeks. Today is the first day IN 4 WEEKS that I feel like my head is clearing up, my feet are almost to the ground and I'm actually excited! Counting it out right now, I can't believe it's been 4 weeks, what a blur! So anyway today, I am excited! ECSTATIC!

So obviously I have BIG news! We are moving to Scottsdale, Arizona... yes Arizona! Sam was offered the opportunity on December 19. We spoke with his family and mine over our Christmas trips and then we went to Scottsdale to check it the 2nd week of January. Sam's final interviews were this past friday and now we are waiting... we already know he will be offered the position, but I am dying to know when he starts and details about the moving package. Because as timing would have it, they will prob want him there by March and oh yea we are getting married in May. Clearly this makes things difficult. BUT we are adaptable and have and always make the best of it! Either way I'm not being forced to move anywhere terrible like BFE Montana. I mean this is beautiful, southwestern, active, healthy, warm Scottsdale!

Well I'm not going to blabber much because I could for days, but just wanted to say that I have definitely had lots of negative reactions that have made this harder and less exciting, but also some amazing people that have made this easier for me and have helped me realize this is actually perfect for Sam and  me.

First of all, Sam has been extremely patient and supportive. I have selfishly taken a lot of his time to cry, complain, worry, and stress over this decision. I say selfishly because he is the one taking a huge job change and interviewing, all the while I know he is worried too, but he continues to be the rock that I need. We have talked and talked and talked about this. Sam has given me, without pressure, every opportunity to say how I feel and to ultimately say no if that's what I want. The last thing either of us wants is to feel regret or to feel like this was a lop-sided decision. We are a team and this is OUR decision. Good communication makes a great marriage. I really appreciate him in this situation as I always do.

Also, two of my best friends have been extremely supportive!! Andrea and Amy. They are the only 2 people that gave me a positive reaction. They understand and help me to further see that this is an excellent opportunity for me and Sam. Sam and I are our own family now and this will be a great decision for us and our future children. They have known me for years and we just "get" each other. I am blessed to have not one but 2 best friends that understand my heart in a way that some people never experience in a lifetime. I am grateful for their time, love and support in this matter.

There are a lot of other people that have been great throughout this as well, like my mom and Sam's parents! My dad took a little bit of time to come around but his approval and blessing has meant the absolute most to me. He spent this weekend here and I know that's why today is the first day I feel excited and SO relieved!! I am finally looking forward to it and I am so much less scared! Also, Scott, Sam's future manager, has been awesome. Many thanks to him for giving Sam this opportunity and for showing us around Scottsdale, easing some of my fears, flying me out there, giving lots of advice and doing all of this with no pressure. Could say a lot more but not much time. Our Scottsdale trip was a blast, here are some pics! Will back-blog about Christmas & NYE for sure!

































No comments:

Post a Comment