Sunday, December 9, 2012

PICU Christmas Party

I can't believe it's almost Christmas again! It doesn't feel like Christmas quite yet considering the temps are hanging out in the 50's. Sam and I put up our tree and decorations on Monday night and we had the windows open because it was 60, surreal. Traditionally, we were listening to Christmas music and drinking wine :) we always have fun decorating together! It was just nice to spend time together.





Our Buckeye Christmas tree :)

My favorite ornament

Lately, we have been pretty busy and when we're not busy we're trying to relax. So I don't feel like we have been able to spend much quality time together, which in turn just makes us feel "distant" and I miss him. This weekend was exactly what we needed. We have spent the whole weekend together and have had plenty of time to relax and have a little fun too. Friday night we ordered pizza and watched the first Batman movie. Saturday morning we got to sleep in, did a little shopping during the day and then went to my work Christmas party. Today of course is pizza, football, grocery store, and laundry. 

So the PICU Christmas party was a great time! I really love my job in the PICU and I have made a lot of great friends here. I'm getting close to a couple of them, and (if we stay here) I can see myself becoming very good friends with a few. It's always fun to see everyone out of work, dressed up, drink in hand. I also really really LOVE taking my Sam out and introducing him to everyone. He is my "other half" and sometimes when I become friends with people at work, it feels weird that they don't know my "other half." And if people like me, I always say "Wait til you meet Sam, you'll love him!" I do think he's my better half :)


We started out at the Pub in Crestview Hills at 6:00 with about 15 people and arrived at the party around 8:30. Free beer and wine. Lots of talking, and a little dancing. Sam didn't come on the dance floor with me, but that's okay he always does at weddings! After the party, a big group of us went to the banks to a bar called "Tin Roof." Overall it was a pretty fun night and for everyone's sake it was pretty uneventful and drama free.




Christmas is only 16 days away! I think this year is going to be kind of hard for me because I am working Christmas Eve & Christmas Day PM's and Sam will be at his parents. I think I will feel really lonely even though I'll be spending the day with my patients and coworkers. It's just not the same when you can't spend it with the people you love. I'm not really looking forward to it, but I am excited about all the other days I will get to celebrate. The weekend before Christmas, we are going to North Canton and the day after Christmas we are going to Evansville for 5 days!! The next 2 weeks will just be working and shopping. Oh! Also, I just got off facetime with Ashley and baby G. He will definitely be crawling by Christmas!! I think it might be this week or next, he's getting very close!! He's adorable and I miss him like crazy!




No comments:

Post a Comment